Friday 16 August 2019

Holiday Narrative!

Holiday Narrative!

Hey bloggers!
This term in writing Waikowhai Primary School have been writing narratives. The narratives were based around what we did in the holidays, except with a slight twist! We had to over exaggerate our story so that it had more wow factor. We looked at a problem that had happened during the holidays and made it worse then it seemed. We had to choose our words carefully and make sure that our story was realistic. 

My narrative was called the blazing fire. It is about a firework display that goes crazy, and sets everything on fire! The true story is that we were having a fire work display and one firework tipped over and fire at us! We worked so so hard on these narratives and I hope you enjoy mine!

The  Blazing Fire!



The wind was rushing through my hair as I sprinted towards the gender reveal party with my awesome cousins Millie, Lucy and Ava. I couldn’t believe that my Aunty was going to have another baby, just the thought of it was exciting! 

“Come on girls!” called Aunty Mere. “We are about to do the fireworks!” We rushed inside to tell everyone it was time for the fireworks. Me Millie and Lucy explained that if the last  firework was pink the baby was a girl and if it was blue it would be a boy. Everyone shrieked with delight. We could not wait another second! We all darted outside to watch the fireworks.

 “Neeve come here.” yelled Uncle Brian.
 “What is it?” I asked. “
Can you help me for a second with these fireworks?” He asked me
 “Yeah of course.” I agreed.
As soon as I gave him the fireworks he yelled 
“RUN!” 
I ran as fast as I could, my heart was racing. The firework display was amazing! We were all saying things like 
“Wow!'' and “Impressive!” 
But what we were all looking forward to was the last firework. 

A moment later the fireworks started to wobble, then they tipped over. “
BOOM CRASH BANG!” 
The fireworks were firing at us! Everyone ran in different directions, it was absolutely crazy! Opposite the house a stray firework was setting fire to the beautiful garden. Then it set fire to the tall tree that has our tree house in it. 
“Oh no!” I screamed!
 The tree had fallen and unlucky for me I was right under it! 

The flames were burning ever so bright in the darkness. My screams drowned out in the chaos. It seemed to me that I was never going to live again! The yells and screams of terror echoed around me. Was my family ok? Was I going to see them again?  The heat was too much, it was scorching,I could not take it any longer. The sounds of sirens drifted through my ears! Maybe just maybe I was going to live. A flicker of hope sparked inside me. 

The sound of burning wood being torn apart filled my ears I could see the faces of my loved ones as well as a face I did not recognise. I was guessing it was the firefighters. After the last branch had been torn away I clambered out of the ash and fell into my aunty’s arms. “Thank you!” I whispered to the firefighter. Just as we were all saying our goodbyes the last firework went up! “The baby’s a GIRL!’ We all yelled in delight.

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.