Friday 2 August 2019

Our Novels For Term Two

Our Novels For Term Two

Hey Bloggers,

Last term my teacher gave my reading class novels to read. We had to do lots of work on them and we had to finish the book by the end of the term. The novel that my group read was called Bow Down Shadrack by Joy Cowley. The book is about a girl named Hannah and her horse Shadrack. Shadrack is old and has arthritis. Due to that, he collapses. Hannah's parents decide that Shadrack has to go. They tell Hannah that he is going to a rest home for horses, but he is actually going to become dog food! Hannah goes to try and find him, and the rest is for you to read. 

I really liked the book, it was fun and adventurous. At the beginning of the book I thought that it would be boring because I don't like those stories much. I didn't think I would like it because I don't like when animals get hurt. But as the book went on I grew to really like it. We were also looking at themes in our book and I think that this books themes were determination because Hannah really want to find Shadrack, and teamwork because Hannah has to work with others a lot.  Some of that work we did was two sets of comprehension questions and a describe map about the main characters, Hannah and Shadrack. I would love to share this with you!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K6ix9dGAQNiL6dPCuVnComprahention Questions 1 5rCZjmYOsxP5H/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gAXMaM4DsaKQrChPioComprahention Questions 2 Heu8xd5OpUQpLS/edit


 Hannah and Shadrack Describe Map
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1K95BtD_iPjr3CFghIsTtytKwhDUw3dUttp15j7meVdQ/edit

Blog you latter!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.