Monday 2 September 2019

My time at camp

My time at camp!

Hey bloggers,
On Tuesday the 20th of August Waikowhai Primary School drove all the way down to Mt Ruapehu for our school camp! We had an amazing time and it was so fun.

This time two weeks ago we were all nervously preparing for camp. We had to pack all sorts of crazy ski equipment. Since we all wouldn't have the right gear right away we had to borrow things from friends, family and school. I think that we were all feeling excited and anxious at the same time. I know that I was feeling all these emotions as well because I have never been away on that big a camp ever and I really wanted to learn how to snowboard.

Finally the time to leave on Tuesday the 20th came. At 7:30 am everyone in the senior syndicate arrived at school to get on the bus. We made a few  stops on the way, like the Hamilton Gardens and the Ed Hillary Walkway. But when we finally got there we played games and had our dinner. Afterwards me and my friends went exploring the Crossing (the place where we stayed.) We were lucky enough go through a wardrobe and find ourselves in the movie room. Over all we were at a pretty awesome place. That night we got no sleep because we were mucking around, the next day I really regretted that.

The next day we were all woken up at 6:00 am, HELP! I know that I am not an early bird. We had to be on the shuttle bus at 8:00 am when we got on the bus the we drove past lots and lots of snow. For some people this was the first time they had seen snow. The first thing we did was go and get our snow gear. We all went up to get our skis and snowboards. After that we put all our gear on the racks and then went sledding. Sadly we got really bad weather and it was all cloudy and stormy. 

For the younger students of Waikowhai Primary here is some advice for you. Firstly even if you can't do it very well just keep trying. 

Blog you latter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.